Want to learn the fundamentals of Mindfulness? Heard about it but want to try it out in a friendly group? Finding it hard to stick to your Headspace app and need more encouragement? Work or located in central Tunbridge Wells?
Lots of questions! One possible solution!
Mindfulness 101 is a condensed version of the famous Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course devised by modern mindfulness founder Jon Kabat Zinn. Over the 6 weeks we’ll cover mindfulness basics such as:
- understanding our stress response and the autonomous nervous system
- our different brains and brain wave activity
- building resilience around difficulties
- learning to respond, not react
- practicing kindness towards ourselves
- developing self awareness
- managing thoughts and emotions
- breathing techniques
- meditation basics: what happens when we meditate; how to develop a consistent practice; troubleshooting
- mindfulness tools, tips and tricks
Each session is an hour and will include guided meditation practice, some theory and discussion. There will be course readings and meditations to practice at home. The sessions will be held at The House, a co working space on Monson Road. You can bring your lunch and tea, coffee and microwave etc are available, so this makes ideal for those working in central TW.
Dates/ Times: Every Wednesday 18 April – 25 May inclusive. 1-2pm
Cost: £100 per person including all group sessions, course readings and guided meditations
Location: The House, Monson Road, TW
Booking: Click here and scroll down to 18 April
Questions: Contact me! or call 07796 697 574